Technician II - WPX Energy
Posted on: 17-Feb-2013
Reply to: wpxenergy.com/careers
Bookmark this: Add
Career Opportunities: Technician II (12-0015)
Will manage a daily route of 15-20 producing wells by performing a complete daily check list on each well and entering all required data into production software. Handle common lease logistics, and resolve a wide-range of issues in order to keep wells and equipment maintained and producing with minimal downtime. Communicate clearly and accurately with supervisors, engineers and contractors to accomplish daily goals. Act as a mentor to assist and support less knowledgeable operators. Must be able to keep leases and well pads spotless, and all equipment and wellheads clean. Handle all other necessary duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Good communication skills, proactive adherence to all EH&S, regulatory, and WPX standards and practices. Must have a record of safe vehicle operation.
- Must demonstrate mechanical aptitude and have adequate knowledge of all basic operating tasks to maintain all of the equipment.
- Be able to describe and operate all equipment for the flow of production from well head through tanks and transfer of custody with the ability to recognize and diagnose common mechanical issues.
- Proven ability to properly maintain grease and tank seal books daily; transfer information from grease book to production software package mistake free, including all required daily notes and comments.
- Absolutely must be able to maintain stuffing boxes to prevent leaks and downtime.
- Necessary knowledge of generators, how to operate them with minimal down time.
- Demonstrate ability to recognize and have knowledge of solutions for pump tags and gas interference challenges.
- Understand and operate SAM controllers, why and when a well should be operated in one of the four different SAM modes.
- Ability to manipulate PLC and test all kills and ESD valves to solve problems and to insure proper operation.
- The ability to work in temperatures between -10 and 30 degrees Fahrenheit on a seasonal basis.
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Can perform some advanced operating procedures such as raising or lowering rods, tightening belts on a pumping unit, re-kit Baird’s, and gas or mechanical dump valves.
- Use SAM controller to diagnose simple down hole problems.
- Can efficiently and effectively operate the most troublesome wells in the field.
Relocation: WPX Energy will not pay relocation costs for this position.