Responsible for the accurate, timely and consistent processing of hourly and salaried payroll, including employment taxation, for over 5,000 employees (multi-state US and Canada). Will ensure compliance with payroll policies and procedures and with federal, state and local tax reporting requirements.
- Manages and maintains payroll policies and practices for Williams. Ensures consistent adherence to both legal guidelines and internal pay practice documents.
- Owns SOX related processes and provides support during quarterly audits. Ensures compliance with SOX segregation of duty requirements in payroll processing.
- Manages department goals, payroll operating plan and monitors department performance to ensure that current and anticipated needs by internal/external customers are met.
- Manages confidential information.
- Provides input, reviews and designs processes to ensure efficiency and alignment with business objectives.
- Provides leadership and support to direct reports to discuss progress of work, resolve problems and ensure that payroll standards are met.
- Selects employees and ensures their training in order to facilitate the attainment of payroll strategies and objectives.
- Bachelors Degree required
- Minimum 5 years payroll experience required
- Ability to think analytically when resolving issues
- Excellent people skills: ability to motivate, cooperate with and work effectively with others.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication.
- Demonstrates personal credibility and impact through influencing others, leading people and communicating clearly with all levels of the organization.
- Strong evidence of good judgment, effective decision making and problem solving.
Williams Corporation will not pay relocation costs associated for this position.