The primary duty of a Super Vac Truck Driver is to drive and operate a Super Vac truck. Super vac trucks are straight trucks with a mounted high pressure vac system and tank and used to clean material too thick or heavy for a typical vac truck.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Carrying hoses and joints of pipe from truck to well head or tank.
- Connecting and disconnecting hoses and pipe using correct hand tools.
- Observing equipment and gauges.
- Cleaning sludge and residue from tank bottoms.
- Requires the ability to work in dirty and/or challenging situations, including wet and muddy conditions.
- Ability to double chain truck tires.
- Properly inspect equipment on a daily basis.
- Properly complete all daily paperwork.
- Conduct pre and post trip inspections in accordance with DOT regulations.
- Maintain accurate logs.
- Ensure compliance with DOT regulations.
- Follow guidelines and policies set forth by MBI and customers.
- Attend monthly safety meetings.
- Actively participate in the company's behavior based safety (BBS) program.
- Must accept any assignment within the Company's Driver Pool, including interstate travel.
- Previous oilfield and/or super vac experience preferred.
- Ability to work a day or night shift.
- Ability to work irregular hours.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to perform the essential functions in a fast paced and high stress environment.
- Must possess exceptional customer service skills and the ability to work with current and potential customers, both internal and external.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands of this job are outlined in the Functional Job Analysis for this position and are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
Licenses and Certifications
Class A CDL with tanker and doubles/triples endorsements.
This position has supervisory responsibilities for one full-time employee.