Staff Production Engineer
Engineering | Enid, OK
Job Title: Staff Production Engineer
Provide engineering and first level supervision to company operated properties in assigned area. Plan and expand operations to increase earnings to the shareholders by enhancing oil and gas recovery, efficiently spending capital, decreasing operating expenses, and implementing company policies and procedures, while protecting company employees, contractors, the general public, and the environment. Qualified candidates will be seasoned, independent professionals with the ability to handle relatively complex assignments; may serve as a project lead on assignments requiring broad knowledge.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Prepare and/or review procedures for new completions, workovers, and artificial lift improvements.
- Review production daily for all operated properties.
- Review injection daily for all operated properties.
- Identify and develop procedures for increasing production and/or reducing failures with POC’s, XSPOC, and Srod.
- Identify, design, and budget enhancements in facility/equipment operations.
- Stay abreast of downhole wellwork technology and techniques.
- Review production and injection targets, capital and LOE budgets, and variances with lease operators, technicians, foremen, area supervisors and management.
- Review technical data to develop long-range forecasting and proper reservoir management.
- Work with geology, resource development, and land to identify additional drilling and recompletion opportunities for reservoir and field development.
- Work with management and develop production operations procedures and policies. Insure that these procedures and policies are implemented and followed.
- Review invoices and vendor tickets to insure proper cost and payment.
- Maintain proper compliance with federal and state regulatory agencies for production data reporting, safety regulations, and protection of the environment.
- Assist with landowner negotiations.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited university and minimum of eight (8) years petroleum operations experience, including drilling, completions, workovers, production operations, and upstream facilities. Should be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite of programs and other software used by CRI production operations engineers (Sam’s Controllers, Srod, XSPOC). The fundamentals of decline curve analysis and micro-economics is also required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid state driver's license. Holding a current professional engineer registration in petroleum engineering (passing the eight hour exam) would be highly beneficial. First aid/CPR certification and H2S training would be beneficial.
« Back to Openings