Pipeline/Project Engineer will work with the Pipeline Group Manager to develop, and lead a team to provide engineering and construction management services on multiple Oil and Gas Construction projects:
- Individual tasks will fall into three general areas of responsibility: project management, client management, and business development.
- Manage multiple, simultaneous projects to provide planning, engineering, and construction management services to Oil and Gas industry and Municipalities.
- Will be fully responsible for the performance of quality, budget, and schedules.
- Provide technical guidance on oilfield development requirements.
- Manage the relationship between Chippewa Resources and the clients with responsibility to satisfy client expectations, anticipate additional requirements, and assure timely payments. The goal is to develop strong, long-term relationships with clients and secure a continuous flow of work.
- Assist the Management team and the Pipeline Group Manager in developing the Chippewa Resources business development strategy for the Oil and Gas industry and lead the execution of that strategy.
- Prepare estimates of costs, materials, and time to complete for new construction projects.
- Perform field surveys, prepares bid packets, and bidder lists for engineering and construction services needed to complete the project.
- Evaluates bid responses and recommends the selection of external contractors to complete the project.
- Provide services for projects to include design, plans, specifications, reports, maps, project budgets, scope of work, permits, contracts, schedules, estimates, surveying, data collection, construction observation, field investigation, and coordination of and contractors.
- This is a leadership position with a supervisory role which also includes which also includes conducting staff performance and behavior evaluations and team building efforts.
- Provide quality control and quality assurance on all project work.
- Supervises and monitors client relationship strategies.
- Marketing responsibilities with clients to obtain work for the firm, prepares forecast of workload for assigned staff and closely monitors backlog.
- Confer with project team members and clients to lead, prepare, and participate in project proposals and interviews.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and attend internal and external meetings.
- Serve as onsite project representative. Review construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Perform all responsibilities with attention to detail and deadlines.
- Understand, interpret, participate in, and implement company-mandated safety policies.
A Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college or university is preferred and 5+ years of experience with Gas and Fluids Pipelines. A PE (Professional Engineer) license is highly desired. The individual must interact with people at all levels and communicate effectively. Strong computer skills, detail-oriented, self-starter, leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills are essential.