Production Engineer - WPX Energy
Posted on: 07-Jan-2013
Reply to: wpxenergy.com/careers
Bookmark this: Add
Career Opportunities: Production Engineer (15441)
- Work as part of an operational team that includes production engineers and production operations personnel.
- Proactive in Environmental, Safety, and Health standards and practices
- Evaluate historical production to identify and recommend opportunities for production enhancement and minimizing lease operating expenses.
- Track and monitor production volumes and lease operating expenses.
- Evaluate and recommend artificial lift optimization opportunities.
- Implement expense work over jobs, track and evaluate past work over jobs.
- Work closely with completions, facility construction and SCADA/measurement teams.
- Monitor chemical treatment programs for scale or corrosion inhibition.
- Must have prior experience in workover design and supervision, production optimization, and ongoing production and maintenance operations activities. Experience with beam pumping oil wells desired.
- 3+ years industry experience, primarily in production engineering.
- Some reservoir engineering experience is preferred.
- Experience in Bakken/ThreeForks reservoirs desired.
- Prior experience/working knowledge of Aries/OGRE, IHS Power Tools and Cygnet or related software desired.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills to handle multiple tasks with changing and conflicting responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Must be self-motivated and an enthusiastic team player capable of completing tasks with minimum direction of others to meet sensitive deadlines and production goals.
- B.S. degree in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent
WPX Energy will pay relocation costs for this position.