This position can reside in either: Dickinson, Williston or Minot, North Dakota
ABOUT THIS JOB
The successful Operations Manager will support our North Dakota Region.
- Responsibilities may include employee management and development,
inventory management, sales, engineering, maintenance, operations,
service, Health Safety and Environmental (HS&E), quality training,
planning and budget management.
- Responsible for lower level profit and loss (P&L).Review work
activities, job programs and job design in conjunction with the
company’s sales and marketing group and/or client’s requirements.
- Maintain and enhance existing business contracts and customers.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities within the area.
- Prepare, monitor and control district financial plans, including
local/direct revenues, marketing expenses, head count and
- Responsible for oversight and enforcement of all HS&E, Quality
Assurance/Quality Control, HR, Financial and Compliance policies that
relate to area of responsibility.
- Manage and provide oversight to personnel development and ensure proper succession planning.
- Oversee planning and implementation of the business plan.
- Participate actively in quality improvement efforts.
- Bachelor's degree, equivalent university degree or combination of education and experience.
- 8 years experience in field, operations or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in district operations management role preferred.
- Prior operational management experience and leadership experience.
- Extensive understanding of product line(s)/service(s) in an operational area or district.
- Extensive understanding of customer requirements and market conditions.
- Advanced knowledge of company's business practices including
strategic planning, budgeting, staffing, Health Safety and Environmental
(HS&E) and compliance.
- Advanced understanding of continuous improvement.
- Advanced financial aptitude and strong mechanical/mathematical aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to direct and manage people.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving capabilities and strong team player.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products,
technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By
being the service company that best anticipates, understands and
exceeds our customers€ expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir
Performance. The company€s 57,000-plus employees work in more than 80
countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill,
produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes€
technology centers in the world€s leading energy markets are pushing the
boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker
Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses,
maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through
the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the
foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops
next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation,
completions and production and fluids and chemicals.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer