Oxy is seeking to find a motivated and qualified Drilling Site Manager. In this role the drilling site manager will represent, manage Oxy’s sites, and execute engineering plans. The person in this position will be responsible for providing engineering, operations, regulatory and supply chain management support for all exploration and development well work.
- Leads the Reservoir Management Team (RMT) or Exploration Team in developing specific well plans.
- Plans and supervises all contractor and service company personnel on all day to day operational activities.
- Identifies and evaluates appropriate offset wells. Leads internal well design reviews and risk assessment for assigned wells.
- Develops well design and confirms pore pressure/fracture gradient predictions.
- Coordinates all site related logistics of people, equipment and materials used.
- Communicates as necessary with the Superintendent and the Engineers on all project related issues and changes.
- Ensure documentation of drilling operations.
- Manages operation performance for the project and for the specific service companies.
- Ensures targets are known, documents received, and opportunities for continuous improvement are identified and acted upon.
- Ensures the Oxy HES program is adhered to.
- Review well programs and provide operational feedback
- Ensures Oxy's loss control program is adhered to.
- Ensures all government regulatory requirements, at any level or type, are adhered to.
- Regularly inspects the rig and associated equipment to ensure safe operations.
- Ensures the electronic morning report is accurately done.
- Ensures daily costs are recorded and tracked.
- Ensures all end of well paperwork is accurate and complete.
- Communicates and coordinates all simultaneous operations as required for safe and efficient operations.
- Active participation and documentation of RMT or Exploration Team meetings. Takes an active role in managing working interest partners during the planning and execution phase of the project.
- Optimize the efficiency of drilling operations.
- Strong communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Strong safety knowledge and time management
- Functional and technical specialist
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of oilfield experience with 3 years as a supervisor
Additional Desired Qualifications:
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V