SUBMIT BY MAIL:
3711 4th Ave Northeast
Watford City, ND 58854
SUBMIT BY EMAIL:
SUBMIT BY FAX:
For questions or additional information, please call: (701) 842-3618
The primary function of the Lead Plant Operator is to Plan, organize, assign, supervise and review the work of assigned staff in treatment plant operations.
Position Scope, Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
· This position is responsible for performing technical and supervisory duties
· Plans, organizes, assigns, supervises and reviews the work of assigned staff in treatment plant operations.
· Trains staff in work and safety procedures and in the operation and use of equipment and supplies; implements procedures and standards.
· Maintains logs and records of work performed; prepares periodic reports.
· Operate and maintain site processing equipment
· Adhere to written operating procedures for shutdown and startup of equipment
· Adhere to lockout/tagout procedures in preparing equipment for maintenance work
· Record and maintain daily operations and preventive maintenance logs
· Maintain high level of environmental and safety awareness
· Assist in capital equipment and job site construction, providing coordination and leadership support. Assure QA/QC has been completed prior to shipment of equipment.
· Maintain and develop good working relationships with our partners, ensure internal & external customer satisfaction.
· Analyze, review and inspect findings to determine the source of a problem, initiate repair, replacement, or other corrective action as well as coordinate problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
· Complete standard service reports and other administrative requirements.
· Communicate effectively with customers, staff, sub-contractors, and labor to complete tasks.
· R&D Testing for machine development.
· Participate in site meetings and site training of customer personnel and operators.
· Provide technical direction for on-site work.
· Troubleshoot unplanned problems.
· Operate and maintain site equipment.
· Maintain safe work practices.
· Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experiences Required:
· Understanding of plant operations
· Ability to multi task
· Computer skills - spreadsheets, word processing
· Effective time management skills
· Mechanically inclined
· High school diploma or GED required
· Requires 1 to 5 years related work experience (i.e. refinery, oil and gas, plant operations, etc.) preferred. Training is available.
· 2 year degree or certification in related field strongly preferred
· 40 hour HAZWOPER training preferred
· Hazmat training preferred
· Analytical and problem solving skills
· Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
· Effective organizational skills
· Effective verbal and listening skills
· Effective written communications skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds
· Work is performed indoors and outdoors in varying weather conditions
· Working hours are up to12 hours shifts
· Willingness to work nights, weekends and holidays