Posted on: 12-Apr-2012
Reply to: https://jobs-marathon.icims.com/jobs/3099/job
Bookmark this: Add
HUMAN RESOURCES CONSULTANT
|More information about this job:|
Marathon Oil Company is recruiting for an experienced HR professional to work in their Dickinson, ND office. This stand-alone HR generalist position will be located in the Dickinson, ND office and will report remotely to the HR Manager- North America Production Operations in Houston, TX. The successful candidate will provide HR support to approximately 150 employees in the Marathon’Oil’s Bakken Asset Team.
While staffing for these growth activities through aggressive recruiting will be a key priority, the successful candidate will have broad responsibility for all HR issues and will work closely with employees at all levels, including asset leadership and front-line employees. Approximately 25% travel will be required.
This position requires strong drive for results and the ability and confidence to work remotely and with minimal supervision. Strong business partner, communication, collaboration skills are required.
1. Acts as confidant to Asset manager and other members of the leadership team.
2. Works with client leadership team to build, monitor and execute staffing plan required for growth activities in ND.
3. Responsible for all hourly and non-exempt recruiting activities in field locations, including sourcing, screening and orientating new employees.
3. Consults with management on organizational and personnel issues such as employee development, employee selection, succession planning, workforce planning, retention, training, diversity, and compensation.
4. Provides coaching to both managers and employees regarding a variety of issues, including management style, issue resolution, career development, disciplinary issues, etc. Also expected to provide employee advocacy to the team.
5. Identifies need for and delivers training for clients, including supervisor training, diversity awareness, policy education and teambuilding.
6. Administers variety of HR programs for clients including compensation programs, performance management, recruiting, drug and alcohol searches, etc.
7. Ensures that corporate HR and North America HR policies are implemented consistently and fairly.
8. Participates in a variety of community relations events and may acts as company liaison with community stakeholders.
10. Builds collaborative relationships with others throughout client organization and within other HR organizations. Establishes trust and credibility for HR through daily interactions.
11. Handles confidential/sensitive information with professionalism and care.
|Apply for this job:|