HES Technician - LA - Marathon
Posted on: 28-Nov-2011
Reply to: Marathon.com/careers
Bookmark this: Add
position will provide Health, Environmental and Safety (HES) support to
the Haynesville operating area. Working closely with the local
operating team, along with peers and asset HES support team. Ensure
Marathon’s HES standards are implemented and adhered to by contractors,
employees and others that may be at company operating sights.
- Works with all
employees and contractors to instill a safe and environmentally
conscientious work environment, determining the awareness level,
discussing policies and procedures, advising on the best means of
following those policies and procedures, and coaching to improve
behavior as needed.
- Provides HES support to operations for
safety related activities including confined space entry, hot work,
lockout/tag out, and other safe work permits.
- Attends and participates in Marathon and contractor safety meetings, and conducts contractor safety orientations.
HES performance within operational area and works with HES
professionals and operations staff to develop and/or implement programs
or processes to improve HES behavior.
- Participates in Tier I and
II HES audits and monitor status of pending and resolved
recommendations. Conducts routine FORC audits to support HES principles.
- Supports employees with proper reporting of incidents.
in incident investigations related to accidents, near misses, and
unplanned discharges. Ensure timely preparation of documentation.
- Coordinates proper shipping and/or disposal of hazardous materials.
- Maintains HES plans and procedures (SPCC, Emergency Response, etc.) by updating documentation and communicating changes.
- Computer Proficiencies: Excel, Word, Outlook required; experience in database management a plus.
- Understanding of health, environmental and safety issues.
- Strong record keeping and analysis skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to act as a liaison between central HES team and operating team.
- High school diploma or GED required; two years field experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Must be able to work unscheduled overtime.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs frequently.
to: work in temperature extremes or adverse weather conditions; to
work both in and out of company-owned vehicle; wear appropriate safety
equipment; walk, bend, stoop and lift; work in several geographic
locations each day.