Posted on: 28-Feb-2012
Reply to: https://jobs-marathon.icims.com
Bookmark this: Add
DRILLING SUPERINTENDENT (SOUTH TX EAGLE FORD)
|More information about this job:|
The Drilling Superintendent will be responsible for the implementation and execution of multi-rig, multi-well drilling programs in the South Texas-Eagle Ford asset.
1) Leads the implementation and execution of all drilling operations. Conducts operations in accordance with company policy, operating agreements, and all applicable governmental regulations.
2) Contributes to setting and meeting strategic goals, objectives, and milestones for all drilling programs in area of responsibility.
3) Establishes clear safety and environmental performance expectations with external and internal personnel. Is accountable for creating and fostering a progressive HES culture. Leads Behavior Based Safety at the field level.
4) Ensures lessons learned and best practices are captured and implemented across all drilling rigs in area of responsibility. Develops synergies and efficiencies of having multiple rig operations in a single basin.
5) Recognizes and focuses on opportunities that create the best value. Conducts drilling operations in an efficient manner. Recognizes and engages internal and external technical support to resolve operational challenges.
6) Establishes and ensures meaningful working relationships with contractors, regulatory personnel, and government officials.
7) Builds team of qualified and talented employees and contractors. Gives timely, specific, and meaningful feedback. Recognizes traits required to achieve long range goals and objectives and makes personnel decisions accordingly. Encourages others to seek different and innovative approaches to problem solving.
8) Interfaces regularly with Completions, Operations, and Exploration personnel to ensure effective planning of all activities within area of responsibility.
Degree: Bachelors required
Major: Engineering, Mechanical or Petroleum preferred
Computer Proficiencies: Proficient in standard engineering & computer applications including Landmark and WellView applications.
Certifications: None Required
Work Experience: Minimum seven (7) years of drilling and/or completions experience is required. Experience supervising/managing multi-rig drilling programs and knowledge of procurement processes preferred. Horizontal drilling and completion experience required. Preferably working knowledge in South Texas Eagle Ford.
|Apply for this job:|
|Need further assistance?|