Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Reporting to the Assembly, Maintenance and Overhaul (AMO) Team Lead, the Electro/Mechanical Technician is responsible for the quality overhaul of oilfield tools.
- Break down and redress a variety of oilfield tools and reassemble them in preparation for their next assignment
- Maintain, test and assemble product / tools / sub-assemblies for operations
- Work to pre-defined procedures in line with established work practices
- Work is performed using common hand tools and some torque machines
- In depth knowledge of computer hardware with the ability to build computers from the mother-board up.
- Minimum two years of maintenance related experience in a mechanical function or other relevant industrial experience (airline, military, oilfield, automotive) required
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints and parts lists required
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations required
- Good mechanical aptitude and basic computer skills required
- Basic skills in the use of measurement and gauging equipment and processes required
- Soldering knowledge
- Working knowledge of fiber optics
- SAP knowledge and experience
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 57,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer