Williams Midstream's Gulf Olefins commercial development area is looking for a strong contributor to generate economically attractive investment opportunities that are supportive of Midstream’s strategy. This position will perform onshore business development activity and be part of a team that will evaluate mergers, acquisitions and grass roots development opportunities that are designed to build upon and/or complement the value of Midstream's existing assets around our Gulf Olefins asset area. Activities will focus primarily on NGL and olefins opportunities that leverage our overall Gulf Coast position. This position works with other Commercial Development Reps in Tulsa, OK.
The main areas of responsibility and key activities of this role include:
- Identification and qualification of new business opportunities generating leads and prospects,
- Structuring of the economics and understanding of value drivers of the transactions being developed,
- Working with a team to present recommendations to Midstream Management and Asset Teams based on the risks inherent in the project,
- Ability to be action-oriented in developing and closing all the opportunities that meet financial hurdles and strategic fit within Williams Midstream, and
- Working with others for the successful transition or startup of the project or transaction.
Education & Experience:
- BS Engineering, Business, Finance, or related; MBA preferred
- 6+ years of experience in project development, business development, operations, and/or NGL or petrochemicals experience with proven negotiation skills required.
- Proven success and experience conceptualizing viable commercial projects, developing the commercial framework with the counter-party, negotiating the commercial terms and conditions, driving closure of the definitive agreements, leading the deal team, and driving integration of the project into Midstream's business unit and business processes. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Candidate must be highly motivated and be able to work without significant direct supervision.
- Job level and salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Integrity, values and trust
- Drives for results
- Champions inclusion/works well with others
- Customer-stakeholder focus
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Business Acumen
- Time Management
- Negotiation Skills
Williams will pay relocation costs for this position. Expected travel is 0 to 25%.