Posted on: 09-Jan-2012
Reply to: Marathon-careers.com
Bookmark this: Add
Assistant Engineering Technician
|More information about this job:|
The position reports to the Drilling Superintendent- Bakken Drilling and will provide both administrative support as well as technical and operational support to drilling, completion and well services projects within the Bakken asset. The successful candidate will be a highly confidential, self-motivated individual with strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Knowledge of Marathon’s corporate structure and business activities is helpful.
1) Provides comprehensive administrative support including composing, preparing and/or distributing electronic documents and correspondence. Proofread and produce documents for signature that are accurate and have a professional appearance consistent with the high level nature of the work. Includes maintaining sufficient stock of office supplies for organization.
2) Maintains proper flow of communications. Reads, selects and passes mail (whether hard copy or electronic) to appropriate individuals. Composes manager’s general correspondence, frequently on own initiative.
3) Prepares cost analyses for Bakken drilling & completions activities, including tracking costs of approved projects. Assists in preparation of budget estimates and AFEs including economic analysis. Supports cost control efforts.
3) Interacts with both external and internal contacts in written, electronic or face-to-face format politely and professionally.
4) Schedules and reminds team members of meetings and appointments; provides manager and staff with related materials; makes travel arrangements; maintains itinerary on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis for manager and staff.
5) Enters invoice information into WellView on a daily basis and confirms invoices are in SAP.
6) Reviews pre-approved invoices for accuracy and brings questionable invoices to management or delegate’s attention for review and further follow up.
7) Processes invoices for FI vendors and necessary check requests.
8) Answers telephone to take and relay messages or refer calls to other individuals. Furnishes some information such as rig schedules, maps, and driving directions to authorized individuals in response to inquiries.
10) Ensures timely completion of various reports, including, but not limited to, daily rig activity, HES, and FORCE reports.
11) Supports administration of training programs: coordinates training dates and locations with the training contractor; schedules training facilities; coordinates classroom training materials, coordinates catering for training sessions; communicates with and provides training program information to participants; keeps log of participants; reports on Computer Based Training progress
12) Coordinates company vehicles for the local Drilling & Completions organization, including, but not limited to, ensuring proper service and maintenance, maintaining mileage data, running quarterly reports, and assigning vehicles.
13) Coordinates safety awards for local drilling & completion activities.
14) Responsible for generating presentations, graphs and reports for use by local drilling & completions management. Collects and formats data. Performs routine calculations and analyses, and reports results to local drilling & completions management. Creates and maintains spreadsheets, presentations, and files.
15) Maintains database that tracks the status of all projects within the asset, including preparing advanced database queries and creating data subsets. Creates project records and databases including well diagrams, schedules, installation reports and lessons learned.
Degree: Associate Degree preferred
Computer Proficiencies: Advanced skills in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Power Point, Word). SAP, WellView Acrobat & SharePoint knowledge preferred.
Certifications: Not Required
Work Experience: 5+ years in administrative field. Oil & Gas Industry experience preferred.
|Apply for this job:|