Account Manager - Preferred Sands
Posted on: 24-Aug-2012
Reply to: Preferredsands.com
Bookmark this: Add
North Dakota - Please apply at Preferredsands.com
Preferred Sands is an owner-operated Industrial Sand company focused on acquiring and overseeing operations of industrial mineral assets throughout the United States. We are committed to serving the frac sand market with the highest quality silica and resin coated sands. Preferred’s perspective on company culture permeates every facet of our business; our foundation lies in the spirit that binds our collaborative mission: a balance of family, work, charity, and individual pursuits. Our dedication to the customers to whom we serve, the communities in which we work, and our individual employees have propelled us to the forefront of the industry. We currently operate mines in Arizona, Minnesota, Nebraska, Wisconsin and Canada.
The Account Manager will work for our subsidiary companies and concentrate on marketing and business development for customers in need of industrial mineral products. This position will be responsible for the Bakken territory.
- Identify through market research new and expanding markets that can be serviced from the current operation.
- Determine competitive market share and pricing. Implement tactics to secure business at optimum plant profit margins.
- Maintain positive relations with current customers, resolving issues and pressing for improved volumes and pricing. Oversee customer satisfaction through troubleshooting on time delivery of products in proper quantities, packaging, shipping, and correct invoicing.
- Compile new customer leads based on information from newspapers, business directories, contacts, and other market sources.
- Travel through assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders or talk with customers on phone.
- Determine requirements for customer’s specific applications, interface with plant production and quality staff to ensure customer’s needs are met.
- Coordinate with production management to maximize sale of co-products.
- Quote prices, establish credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Manage credit arrangements.
- Prepare reports of sales activities.
- 5-7 years sales experience
- Knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint etc)
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Comfortable with over 50% travel